With approximately 32,000 post offices and 644,124 (2017 stats), United States Postal Services (USPS) is one of the largest employers in the US. This is the reason why managing the USPS in the past used to be very difficult, as pretty much every operation was manual. To overcome this, LiteBlue was introduced to handle all operations pertaining to its employees in a secured environment.
What is the LiteBlue USPS?
LiteBlue is a web portal created by the government of the United States to cater to the needs of United States Postal employees. With USPS LiteBlue, the employees can now easily monitor their work profile, daily assignments, career graph, payroll services, and incentives as well day to day work progress. Everything is updated regularly in the account of employees. Moreover, communicating with their colleagues and supervisors can be done in a formal and orderly way.
Appropriate levels of hierarchy are followed while communicating. The portal is aimed at creating a hassle-free and stress-free environment.
The mobile version of the LiteBlue app is also available to download for people who like to stay in touch with their colleagues, even on the go. Installation is straightforward, and once the employee is done with the installation process, he/she will need to enter the required credentials to register and log in. That’s it!
How to Register on Liteblue USPS Portal?
If the employee is logging in for the first time, then he/she will need a self-service profile password. To get the SSP generated, the user has to:
- Firstly, visit the official Liteblue USPS portal link.
- After the page opens, click on the “Forgot Password” option at the bottom
- After entering the eight digits employee ID, click on the “Verify Employee ID” tab
- A new page will open where the user will need to enter “New Password” and then re-enter the same in the “Confirm Password” section.
- A security question needs to be selected and answered. Now click on the “Next” tab
- The user will be asked to enter his/her email ID, which is optional.
- The user must make sure that all the credentials are entered correctly before submission.
Note: Once the SSP is created, do not forget to change it by logging into the www.ssp.usps.gov portal. The newly created password will be the user’s permanent password that will be required during login.
How to Login into USPS LiteBlue?
To login, an employee needs the following:
- Employee ID
- USPS SSP (Self Service Profile) password
Now that the user is having both the credentials, he/she may proceed further to login to his/her USPS LiteBlue account. Following are the steps involved:
- Visit the official site of USPS LiteBlue or click here.
- Enter the Employee ID and USPS password.
- Click on the “Log On” tab
The user is taken to his/her account page in a secure environment.
What to do if you forgot his USPS LiteBlue password?
In case the user forgets the USPS password, the same can be reset by following these simple steps.
- Go to the login in page: https://LiteBlue.USPS.Gov/
- Now tap the “Forgot Password” button.
- It will ask for the user’s Employee ID. Enter it and click “Next.”
- It will ask for the user’s email, enter that correctly, and click “Next.”
- A link will be sent to the email provided.
- Opening the mail and clicking on the link will allow the user to create a new password.
The user can now login successfully by re-entering the newly generated password.
Things to be kept in mind before login into USPS LiteBlue portal
Though USPS LiteBlue is a government site, it does not always guarantee security. However, following the simple tips will ensure that your experience and privacy on this site will remain hassle-free.
- Keep the ‘CAPSLOCK’ off
- Be attentive while entering case sensitive characters
- Make sure that the internet connection is uninterrupted
- Always clear the cookies and cache. This will ensure higher internet speed
- Never reveal your password to unknown persons
- Try to avoid using the services while on public networks
Apart from keeping the above in mind, there is nothing technical or complicated in this portal. It is very user friendly, and every information is made available at a click of a button. It is aimed at helping the employees manage their hectic work schedules effectively as well as providing them with info regarding their payments.